Attorney Daniel R. Skarie
A lifelong resident of Wisconsin, Dan earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in English and History from the University of Wisconsin. Shortly after that, Attorney Skarie received his Juris Doctor from the University of Wisconsin Law School. Dan currently resides in Wauwatosa, WI. In his spare time, he enjoys relaxing with his wife and friends, walking his English bulldog Graham, and watching Wisconsin sports teams.
If accused of drunk or drugged driving, or any other criminal offense, you need an experienced, tenacious litigator in your corner. Attorney Skarie will leave no stone unturned when challenging the evidence against you. Throughout his career as a defense attorney, Dan has helped numerous clients beat or dramatically reduce the consequences of an OWI or criminal offense.
The court system can be frightening and confusing. While defending your case, Attorney Skarie will thoroughly explain the court process, the evidence against you, possible defenses, driver’s license penalties, collateral consequences, and all other aspects of your case. His goal is to ensure that you are always fully informed and involved in defending your case. Dan provides each client with his cell phone number and is available 24/7.
- Bachelor’s Degree, University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Juris Doctor, University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Drunk Driving
- Drugged Driving
- Criminal Defense
- Restraining Order/Injunction Defense
- Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- National College for DUI Defense
- DUI Defense Lawyers Association
- Graduate of Axion Training Institute Forensic Chromatography XVIII: Theory and Practice
- AVVO Clients’ Choice Award Winner 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019.
- Defended hundreds of individual clients in drunk driving cases.
- Returned not guilty verdicts at bench and jury trials.
- Successfully litigated pretrial motion issues, resulting in the dismissal or reduction of criminal charges.
- Negotiated outcomes for clients to avoid consequences to immigration status, career, hunting licenses, custody and placement of children, and other vital issues.
- Protected the interests of clients during criminal investigations and related matters such as an injunction or restraining order hearings.